Sunday, August 17, 2008

Newquay, Padstow, Tintagel Castle, Exmoor, Torquay, Cockington and phew Brixham



Newquay is the surfing capital of Cornwall it wasn't really my cup of tea if I was twenty again it definitely would have been so I hightailed it out of there and headed for Padstow.




Padstow is Rick Stein (famous chef) heaven he has a fish and chip shop, deli and his famous restaurant the Seafood Restaurant, apparently the young royals are frequently seen here. It was really pretty and I was glad that I got up early and experienced it before the crowds arrived.





Next stop was Tintagel Castle reported to be Camelot from Arthur and Merlin time, really etheral and a beautiful spot complete with Merlins cave.










I travelled around Exmoor, drove up Porlock Hill I was really glad I went up....I was really hoping the car wouldn't stall...as a few people have burned their breaks coming down. The villages of Exmoor are all Picture postcard perfect and I will most definitely be heading back there to ride across the moors.






Caught up with Sarah and Glen in Saunton and had a fantastic meal with them in Croyde. They live in the most beautiful area and are very very lucky indeed.




Lastly on my tour I revisited Torquay, Cockington and Brixham all in Devon for nostagia reasons as my Grandparents lived in Brixham for many years. They hadn't changed much but Brixham was wayyyyy busier than when I was there last time.







No comments: