Sunday, August 17, 2008

Isles Of Scilly





I decided one thing that I hadn't yet done was stay in a castle so low and behold what did I find to stay in in Cornwall a castle in St Ives....it was very nicely positioned so that I could go to the Isles of Scilly for the day...the IOS are located in the atlantic 28 miles of the tip of England, Lands End, and can get just a little bit stormy for most of the year.



Choices, choices.....It was either a nearly three hour boat trip each way in which just about everyone is sick or a trip in a Sikorsky Helicopter that took twenty minutes, can you guess what option I took, hmmmmmn not that hard is it?!?




So after arriving to a birds eye view of the Isles of Scilly I arrived on St Mary's which is the capital of IOS. Very beautiful with lots of fishing boats and very friendly people!






Apparently one of the other isles is completely full of Jenkins' there was a inference there that I wisely decided not to pursue with the guy that told me :)

It was time to head off to the next isles: Tresco, this was definitely my favourite...everywhere you looked it was picture postcard perfect, I could have spent a week here...no cars only bikes, truly blissful.









After what felt like a very short passage of time it was time to head back to the mainland. On the way back our helicopter caught a tail wind so we got the added extra of a tour of the cornish coast seeing Lands End, Mousehole (pronounced muzzle) and Penzance from above.




If you ever go to cornwall don't miss out on the Isles of Scilly they are by far my most favourite place in the UK thus far.

No comments: