Sunday, August 17, 2008

Medieval Exeter, Dartmoor and the Eden Project (Cornwall)





After feeling a wee bit tired after seven weeks of work I felt in desperate need for a holiday as it had been soooooo long!

I decided that a road trip was in order as I was missing driving my car so proceeded to hire a car and go for a jaunt around Devon and Cornwall for a week.





First stop was Exeter it was really surprising in a very good way, gorgeous medieval streets, underground passages and a chance to walk around the walls of Exeter.




While I was there (actually on my way back) I caught up with Jane and Les and had a fantastic time seeing the old Covenant school Mum went to in Sidmouth and had a wonderful time with them.




Next up was Dartmoor it was a place of contrasts, beautiful bridges and streams then five minutes up the road deserted plains with just the Dartmoor ponies for company.




After a very full on day off driving down narrow curvy lanes...which was lots of fun and those who have had the honor (horror!) of experiencing my driving would appreciate that it was probably better that I was on my own on this trip as I turned again into Lucinda "rally driver" Jenkins. In anticipation of this I had already paid extra to null the excess on my rental car, which thankfully I didn't need to have done in the end!....I arrived at the Eden Project, it was extraordinary what they have managed to achieve in such a short amount of time, very surreal walking thru the biomes still being able to see outside (although its a wee bit hazy) and feeling like I was back in the Amazon.






No comments: