Saturday, June 21, 2008

Roma



As soon as I found out I had secured a contract I headed off to Italy as I loved it so much last time I was there. Upon arrival in Rome we were advised under no circumstances were any photos to be taken as we left our flight, Air Force One was in residence. It was pretty impressive but all in all a little over the top in that we weren’t allowed to take any photos.







Arrived into Rome pretty late but found my Hostel (in Termini wouldn’t recommend it) ate Pizza de-lish, got given a free bottle of wine, Italian men are definitely trier’s! And hit the sack.



Went to the Vatican Museums really early didn’t queue at all and was inside in a matter of minutes to be told that all the wonders of the Vatican awaited plus the added extra of President Bush, he was following me I swear it! The Raphael Rooms his painting and of course the Sistine Chapel were all exquisite.

Upon arriving at St Peter’s Basilica I was advised that it was all to be shut off to the public for yes you guessed it President Bush, I decided to watch his motorcade, 50 cars in his convey plus helicopters all for one man very OTT.





Next stop for me was the Castel Sant’ Angelo beautiful views of Rome from the top of the fort.

Went to the Trevi Fountain, the Roman Forum, Palatine Hill and the Colloseum, full on day but it was light until 9:30pm so I made the most of it.








Next day I went back to St Peter’s Basilica went to the top of the Cupola very narrow staircase inside, stood in awe inside the Basilica and paid my respects to the old Pope in the crypt.



I walked here there and everywhere saw the Circus Maximus, beautiful views of Rome, stunning streets and the odd gladiator, no Russell Crowe though unfortunately.

Spent my last day shopping, eating seeing more churches and lazing around in the parks, brilliant last day and did I mention that although the food was heavenly it will be a while before I eat anymore Pizza or Pasta, funny thing is that I don’t have that aversion to Gelati....

No comments: