Saturday, May 3, 2008

London Calling











Well, even if I haven't been in London for very long I've still managed to cram a far amount in! Went to the London Marathon and saw the stage production of STOMP amazing what music they can make from ordinary household items, wandered around Covent Garden and braved the masses of Oxford Circus, I tried to keep my Visa Card very much in my pocket, well it did come out once, it was Selfridges and it would be rude not too (any excuse used to justify shopping, not like me at all!).



The weather today finally is feeling springlike! I've been suffering a little from the flu but with the help of some chinese medicine which involved coins being rubbed onto my neck and back and massaging lotion into my hair (was meant to go surfing in the English Channel but wisely decided flu and cold water don't mix, lol) I feel sooooo much better so I decided to do a bit more exploring today.





When I left last time I just missed out on the London Eye as the queues were massive as it had only just opened. So I gathered my wits (severly scared off falling) and enjoyed the whole ride it was fantastic and you could see for miles and miles. Next I went on a river cruise and saw a few more sights of London and learnt a few more facts that may or may not be useful for a pub quiz.

Walked around St James' Park and mingled with the masses taking photos of Buckingham Palace. Really enjoyed London today its amazing what feeling well and a little bit of sunshine can do!!


2 comments:

summer wine said...

So good to hear that you are feeling better and at last able to enjoy the sights.

KJET said...

London looks beautiful. You may have heard we have snow on the mountains this week! Log burner is on, and I am envious of your T-shirt!