Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Picturesque Cambridge




It was Bank Holiday weekend in London and the first glimmer of summer, knowing from past experience that sometimes one week is all you get, I took advantage and went to Cambridge.

Cambridge is very beautiful, quaint alleyways, really old architecture, a beautiful river snaking thru the old town and of course full of Universities.


Just like Oxford they don't look like the Universities like at home, no drunken Vet Students rampaging thru Palmy (sorry Kathryn I know you never did that!)lots of courtyards and very authoritarian.

I went for a punt down the river Cam, and saw all the backs of the Colledges and the Bridge of Sighs. I mistakenly thought when I got here that "The Backs" was down by the river Cam but is actually a green trail about 100mts away so the only real way to see all the colleges is by Punt.

It was gorgeous specially the River Cam and it was very amusing watching couples and families arguing over the best way to punt! I'm sure that most arguments ceased once they reached the safety of a local.


No comments: