Saturday, May 10, 2008

Kew Gardens






I went out for dinner last night with my flatmates to a Vietnamese Restaurant and tried Intestines, they weren't bad slightly fishy flavour, the rest of the food made me think I was back in Vietnam but all that was missing was Mum! My flatties bless them have also been making me lots of Vietnamese salads which I absolutely adore.

Happy Mother's Day! I decided in honour of it being Mother's Day at home and the fact that Mum loves gardens I would go and visit Kew Gardens.




The were breathtaking, surprisingly few people and an awesome chance to chill out on some grass, read my book, and take it easy.

The plants they have are incredible, there was a large NZ area which I had to drag myself away from...could have been out tramping somewhere if it wasn't for the Victorian Glasshouse that was all around me!




I also discovered what it was like to be a Badger as a result of them have a Badger experience, very dark and gloomy, with scratching posts everywhere, don't think that I want to be reincarnated into a Badger..

Its 300 acres really close to London and well well worth the visit!


1 comment:

summer wine said...

What a lovely idea! I thought it was a wonderful place too.