Sunday, November 30, 2008

Aquae Sulis – Bath







Finally I made it to Bath and what’s more the Christmas Market had just started, so I feasted on Mulled Wine and Cider indulged in Bratwurst, sang carols at Bath Abbey and Bathed like a Roman in the Baths







Awesome indulgent weekend went for a Spa treatment at the new complex, lounged around in the pools, sampled all five steam rooms, had an amazing open air shower and lastly had a massage and facial, bliss.




The Baths themselves were gorgeous, the water tasted funny and no I am not going to drink it every day although one of the guides I spoke to tried to convince me he was 110, 35 tops, all down to the water he said...

Bath is beautiful and the Christmas markets just made it magic, so glad I finally made it here!

1 comment:

summer wine said...

I swam there too years ago. My white swimsuit was never the same again. And I remember the taste of the water!
Must have been lovely contrast to the cold outside.