Thursday, April 10, 2008





My adventures begin again...Hong Kong is brilliant, the sights, neon, buildings, people and the food all make it a very vibrant place to stay.

Top HK highlight would have to be Aberdeen it’s possible to do this really on the cheap by using public transport to get there ($HKD5) and then taking a Sampan for the grand total of $HK 1.80 to the other side J ...the fish market and the people working there were super friendly it gave you an idea of what HK probably used to be like before the majority of it became touristified is that a word? No but describes what it’s like... Another highlight was the space museum where I moon walked, tried to deliver a mission payload (failed) and para-glided my way virtually around the Grand Canyon.


During my time here I also managed to pack in Victoria’s Peak, Ngong Pong - the big Buddha, Po Lin Monastery, Soho, the longest escalators in the world - lower to mid levels, the zoological gardens, Ladies Market, Shopping (I was severely limited by my luggage – oh well will just have to come back again oh the hardship that I have to endure!) and just taking in HK city.

Those who have the fortune or should I say misfortune to travel with me will be very surprised to note that I managed to tire myself out this trip!! Wonders will never cease...

The food has been exceptional I’ve lived on Yum Cha and Sushi, can’t imagine that I will be eating too much seafood in London so believe me I’ve been eating my fill! Tuna, Swordfish, Chicken feet, duck tongue’s and the like.

The hotel room that I stayed in was small but I would thoroughly recommend it, really central, friendly staff and very clean The Ramada Hotel - Kowloon.

Ciao for now...London and Paris here I come

3 comments:

KJET said...

Great photo of the illustrious handbag! heh heh Food sounds great, eat loads of bread and custard for me in Paris, luv KJ, E and T

Angela Smith said...

Looks good glad you are enjoying yourself. Enjoy Paris.
Just back from Exmoor super brilliant!!
Will contact you when you return
Love
Angela X

Unknown said...

Great photos. Keep the updates coming. Especially Paris.