Monday, September 8, 2008

Burghley Horse Trials and Soccer Aid Poles Apart




An action packed weekend, first up was the Burghley Horse Trials held about 2 hours out of London.





It was a great day and only turned torrential at the end of the day. Colina and I found it funny that there was a Dog Creche but there didn't appear to be a kids Creche, only at Burghley.


The house and grounds were gorgeous, although in some areas the mud was several inches thick, it reminded me of what Glastonbury must be like, albeit with much cleaner toilets!





I saw Zara Phillips, William Fox-Pitt, Mary King and Andrew Nicholson fly around a very demanding course. We saw about eight falls, seven of which were spectators falling into the mud and one was a horse and rider at the mushrooms, ouch...







Next up was Soccer Aid where all the money went to Charity, Chi & I got to see Gordon Ramsey (yes Rach I put a picture just for you!), Alan Shearer, Teddy Sherringdon, David Seaman, Gareth Gates, Craig David, Brian McFadden etc etc all running around on the Wembley pitch.





Great fun and amazing for me I didn't fall asleep, Chi threathened to put a photo of me up on face-book if I did.






Wembley is a awesome venue, it looks especially spectacular at night when its all lit up!


1 comment:

summer wine said...

See what you mean about the mud! I've just bought some swirly black and white gum boots and the shops are full of multicoloured ones. Even Hunter wellies are on sale here now in different colours. Tho only on the web.
Lovely to see you looking so good.
And Colina and Chi too!